Title: 300 Competency-based Interview Questions for Recruiters & Job Seekers
Author: Karin Schroeck-Singh
Year of Publication: 2017
Number of pages: 38
Price: USD 5.00
This eBook “300 Competency-based Interview Questions for Recruiters & Job seekers” provides very useful suggestions on what competency-based interview questions can be asked during a job interview. The 51 categories focus on the following competencies.
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to task
- Conflict Management
- Crisis Management
- Customer Service Skills
- Deadline Responsiveness
- Dealing with Change
- Decision Making
- Fact Finding
- Follow Up
- Goal Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Learner Attitude
- Listening Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Priority Setting
- Problem solving
- Rapport building
- Risk taking
- Sensitivity to others
- Staff Development
- Strategic Planning
- Teamworking Skills
- Technical and professional knowledge and proficiency
- Time Management
- Tolerance for stress
- Work Standards
- Written Communication
- Intercultural Skills
Who can benefit from this eBook?
- Hiring Managers (they can get some concrete suggestions on what specific questions to ask when testing the competencies of job candidates)
- Job seekers (they can get a better idea of what they could be asked during a job interview regarding their skills. Knowing these questions can help them to be better prepared and thus, make a more confident impression during the interview stage!)
An excerpt from this ebook can be found below.
–> Competence: Creativity/Innovation
- In your last position, what good idea did you come up with that was implemented?
- Think about a time when someone brought you an idea that was odd or unusual. What did you do about it?
- Tell me about the most creative work-related project you have completed.
- Give me an example of a time when you came up with a cost-cutting idea.
- What do you do differently from others who have held your job? Why? How has this benefited your company? Be specific.
- Describe an innovative idea you developed that led to the success of a company initiative.
- Do you think of yourself as an “out-of-the-box” thinker? Can you give me a specific example of a creative solution that you came up with?
- What is the biggest contribution you have made to the profitability of a business?
Buy this eBook now and be best prepared, no matter whether you are the interviewer or the interviewee! Thanks!
Author: Karin Schroeck-Singh
Karin Schroeck-Singh is a trilingual Career Optimizer at www.Careerheads.com. She has an MBA from the University of Leicester (UK) and gained 20 years of international work experience in various industries in Italy, the UK and India. Her passion lies in creating multilingual, high-quality content in career matters, giving highly engaging public speeches and helping job seekers to optimize their career by providing professional coaching. She is the author of several ebooks, among them “44 Tips for a successful Video Interview” (http://careerheads.com/product/ebook-44-tips-for-a-successful-video-interview/). She has written several career and business articles for international HR and Marketing companies. Her favourite motto is “Learn from anyone, anywhere, anytime!” Follow her on Twitter @CareerHeads.